My previous post covered generating a remainder email list when only a subset of the list was successfully mailed.
We imported that list into MailChimp, which then told us that 3 addresses were not imported because they had previously bounced. But they gave us no way to actually see those addresses. Great. 😕
So now we want to download the list that was imported, compare it against the original, and generate a list of only the duplicate addresses (the intersection of the original list and the import list).
- Export the just-imported list from MailChimp
- Open both lists in Excel
- Paste the just-imported list into column B of the the original list (which is in column A)
- Click in cell C1, then paste in this formula:
- Grab the drag handle in the lower-right corner of the cell, and drag it down to fill in the formula for all of the cells below.
- Clcik on the C heading to select the whole C row
- New spreadsheet
- Edit > Paste Special
- Choose values
- Click OK
- Click A1 to select the whole row
- Sort Z-A (this will put the empty cells on the bottom)
- Save as CSV