I just double-booked myself because and event I had committed to on Facebook wasn’t in my personal Google calendar. So I decided to fix things to prevent it from happening in the future.
I did find articles on the web about how to do this, but since Facebook updates the UX so often, they were of course out of date. Here is the current way (as of Oct 2017):
- Go to the Facebook Events page (or the Calendar page; it’s there too).
- Look in the right column. The second module has links for your iCal feeds.
- Right click on the one you want (in my case, Upcoming Events) and click Copy Link Address
- For Google Calendar: click the arrow button to the right of Other Calendars
- Click Add by URL
- Paste in the URL
- Click the Add Calendar button
- Now that the calendar is added, you'll want to rename it.
- Click the arrow button the right of the Facebook calendar that was just added
- Click Calendar Settings
- Change Calendar Name to something like Facebook Events
- Click the Save button